Advice on the low intensity personal statement

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
Cuulinical

Advice on the low intensity personal statement

Post by Cuulinical » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 am

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the September intake of trainee PWPs at UCL. I was looking at the person spec and there appears to be quite a lot of specifications. I'm guessing that the character limit won't be high enough to touch on all of the specifications in any real detail (can't apply yet so I can't tell what the character limit will be), so I was wondering if it would be better to only touch on the specifications that state they will be assessed on the application form (which narrows it down from 30 to 11).. or just write a less 'rigid' personal statement describing my experience and suitability to the role rather than hitting one spec after another.

Thanks for the help in advance :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
MindfulPsych

Re: Advice on the low intensity personal statement

Post by MindfulPsych » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Cuulinical wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the September intake of trainee PWPs at UCL. I was looking at the person spec and there appears to be quite a lot of specifications. I'm guessing that the character limit won't be high enough to touch on all of the specifications in any real detail (can't apply yet so I can't tell what the character limit will be), so I was wondering if it would be better to only touch on the specifications that state they will be assessed on the application form (which narrows it down from 30 to 11).. or just write a less 'rigid' personal statement describing my experience and suitability to the role rather than hitting one spec after another.

Thanks for the help in advance :D
Hi there,

There is a thread for IAPT on here which might be helpful - it has lots of different experiences and information about applications.

I would just like to say that try to be as reflective as possible, drawing on different experiences you've had and how this has altered your practice :D

Good luck!