Help with term 'stakeholders' on application form

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
RP123

Help with term 'stakeholders' on application form

Post by RP123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am

Hi, This is my first time posting, I have had a look for help with this in previous threads however I couldn't find it anywhere (so apologies for any duplication!)

I am applying for the role of Research assistant and Part time PhD student and I am struggling with the term 'stakeholders'.
In the role description it says 'It will involve working with a range of national and international stakeholders, collaborators, home care providers, people living with dementia and their family members.'
And part of the essential criteria is 'Excellent communication skills with a range of stakeholders' .

In my current role I liaise with NHS trust staff, voluntary organisations and charities and so was going to use this experience to address the stakeholder question. However I just wanted to check that I am interpreting it correctly?

Any help is much appreciated!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jason712

Re: Help with term 'stakeholders' on application form

Post by jason712 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 am

RP123 wrote:Hi, This is my first time posting, I have had a look for help with this in previous threads however I couldn't find it anywhere (so apologies for any duplication!)

I am applying for the role of Research assistant and Part time PhD student and I am struggling with the term 'stakeholders'.
In the role description it says 'It will involve working with a range of national and international stakeholders, collaborators, home care providers, people living with dementia and their family members.'
And part of the essential criteria is 'Excellent communication skills with a range of stakeholders' .

In my current role I liaise with NHS trust staff, voluntary organisations and charities and so was going to use this experience to address the stakeholder question. However I just wanted to check that I am interpreting it correctly?

Any help is much appreciated!
Your experience matches it fine, a stakeholder in this sense refers to anyone you liaise with in terms of common interest for a client. You could specify it further to mentioning you've worked with both internal and external stakeholders, so for example; when I worked in a children's charity, I would often lease with our organisations housing team which is internal and then work with the social worker which is external.