UCL PWP applications

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
Saresy1

UCL PWP applications

Post by Saresy1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 am

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on how competitive these places are (low intensity) and how many students they take on at each intake? My target is for 2019 to apply so that I can get more experience but because I'm planning far in advance, I'm concerned I may wait it out on this front and not get anywhere, meanwhile missing looking into another route - ie. a PGDip etc.

Do they take on like two people per borough or one, or it just depends on quality of candidate?

Also I assumed it was just one intake per autumn but it sounds like maybe one in Spring and one in Autumn each year?

As you can see I really don't know much about this!! So fairly new to researching etc but thought here is the place to ask!

thanks in advance :-) :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
MindfulPsych

Re: UCL PWP applications

Post by MindfulPsych » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Saresy1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 am
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on how competitive these places are (low intensity) and how many students they take on at each intake? My target is for 2019 to apply so that I can get more experience but because I'm planning far in advance, I'm concerned I may wait it out on this front and not get anywhere, meanwhile missing looking into another route - ie. a PGDip etc.

Do they take on like two people per borough or one, or it just depends on quality of candidate?

Also I assumed it was just one intake per autumn but it sounds like maybe one in Spring and one in Autumn each year?

As you can see I really don't know much about this!! So fairly new to researching etc but thought here is the place to ask!

thanks in advance :-) :D
It might be worth posting this in the IAPT topic area as there are quite a few people who are current PWP's. Are you specifically talking about UCL? or other services/courses?