Finding Non-NHS AP job adverts

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
rainbow96

Finding Non-NHS AP job adverts

Post by rainbow96 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:27 am

Hi,

I'm aware that non-NHS AP posts are easier to get than NHS ones, but am struggling in finding non-NHS opportunities. Does anyone have any advice on the best places to search for these? Would it also be worthwhile emailing clinical psychologists/mental health teams from private practices in my area to see whether they aim to advertise any AP jobs in the future, or whether they know of anyone seeking to take someone on in the future?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
sarz27

Re: Finding Non-NHS AP job adverts

Post by sarz27 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 am

I would definitely ring around or send a few emails - although it might feel embarrassing sometimes this can start some interesting conversations. I know a friend of mine have gotten a few psychology jobs this way. You might find that some private places or charity sectors don't refer to AP title so try out different wording. Try a few charities and see what interesting roles they might have - you can still apply your knowledge and formulatve way of thinking to on the ground project work!