How to write/structure a CV for applying to relevant jobs?

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
Brioche

How to write/structure a CV for applying to relevant jobs?

Post by Brioche » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Been a part of this forum a few months just reading but now I finally post seeking some help. Want to start gaining proper experience before I consider the doctorate - might help me decide what I also really want to do.

For my third year at University (after two previous years trying to find relevant volunteering/paid work) I am going to be a peer mentor and have a placement hopefully linked to mental health. I would try Samaritans or NSPCC but they seek more long term volunteers which I cannot be unfortunately. I would love to once I'm back at home however.

I know this isn't much but I'd like to know about how to write this up efficiently for a CV - after University I'd like to try getting a job either as a support worker or an assistant in a SEN school. Advice about getting either of these roles would also be wonderful :D
It's just I've seen things before about writing reflectively for some roles or how short CV's are better?

Thank you for any advice :cheers:

P.S - I have a local grief counselling charity that my mum actually has been volunteering with and I'm just curious about how useful this kind of experience may be?
Yorkshire lass in her early 20's - passionate about psychology, gaming and developing as a person :)
Currently studying an undergraduate in Psychology.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf