Psychological Therapies in Primary Care Application for 2022

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
ellydxo

Psychological Therapies in Primary Care Application for 2022

Post by ellydxo »

Hey. I'm planning on applying to the MSc in Psychological Therapies in Primary Care this year and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on having a successful application and getting to interview stage? I don't currently have a lot of experience (I have one year of volunteering with children affected by alcohol use, and a 2:1 in my BSc Psychology degree) but I'm really hoping to make the most of the 6 or so months I have before applications open. I currently have a promising lead to work as a healthcare assistant for the NHS and I'm thinking this will count towards the healthcare/clinical experience they say is desirable. What else can I do to make my application stand out in such a short amount of time? I was thinking of completing some online courses but any that I find seem to either be for more qualified practitioners or just useless courses which aren't really properly accredited by anyone and are a waste of time and money. I don't know if anyone knows of any worthy CBT courses or similar that would be beneficial to my application?

Also if anyone who has already completed the MSc or gained a place for this year has any advice or could tell me what experience they had before getting accepted I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much for reading :)

Ellice
Psyfer

Re: Psychological Therapies in Primary Care Application for 2022

Post by Psyfer »

I can chat to you about the MSc. I sent you a private message.