Interview written activity

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
NotReally

Interview written activity

Post by NotReally » Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi all

I have an AP interview coming up soon, and the interview invite has stated that the interview will consist of a written activity as well as the face-to-face interview.

I'm prepping for the written activity with hypothetical questions that they could ask, but I was just wondering if there is anything else I should consider? I'm thinking along the lines of legible handwriting (does it matter as long as it's not Dr-esque?), and also whether I should focus on giving a brief answer but getting everything I want to say across, or making sure what I do manage to say is in-depth even if I run out of time.

Those are just examples though, so if there is anything else you can think of that I should consider, please let me know!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
psychsars

Re: Interview written activity

Post by psychsars » Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Not sure if this helps but looking over research might be useful as I know someone who was given an abstract of a paper for a task and asked various questions on it i.e practice reflective and critical thinking!

olive

Post by olive » Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 pm

For an assistant post (older adults) I once has a written task which was-
a scenario (client's daughter rings up very angry that she hasn't been told information about her dad's care...), then the written part was 'write a letter to the daughter, what would you say?'
It could be anything! (Depends on service too)... but just to give you an example :)

NotReally

Post by NotReally » Fri May 25, 2018 12:45 am

Thanks both. Will definitely be brushing up on my "analysing a paper" and "what would you do" skills now! (Well, after the CL final on saturday. Come on liverpool! :) )

Should have mentioned, It's with a child care agency, working with looked after children.

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 am

This might sound obvious, but sometimes the obvious gets overlooked! Do make sure that your spelling, grammar and punctuation are good when undertaking a written task. No matter how good your ideas, they need to be expressed clearly and correctly if they are going to help you get the post. Good luck.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:31 pm

When I was recruiting for an ap for a private company who provided residential placements for looked after children, the written assessment we used was asking the candidate to summarise information into a coherent report, as thus would be a large part of their job.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.