Brain injury rehab trust AP interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
LeanneH

Brain injury rehab trust AP interview

Post by LeanneH » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am absolutely ecstatic to have been invited for an interview at the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust! I always get nervous for interviews but more so with this particular one as I've always wanted to work within this area.

I will it course be preparing like crazy over the week but wondered if anyone had any previous experience with interviewing with this trust? The interview is only estimated to last for 20 minutes so I feel limited in terms of time to impress them and I wondered if anyone could offer advice on likely questions?

Thank you in advance. :) :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
alexh

Re: Brain injury rehab trust AP interview

Post by alexh » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:43 am

Never interviewed there but focus on the core, you and your experience and how that makes you suitable. I have made the mistake of doing a vast amount of research on the specialty.
Both my interviews have covered things like;
- difficult times/relationships at work,
- something of which you are proud (work or personal)
- questions about my undergrad research project,
- something related to supervision,
- audit or service evaluation.

All my reading of papers and therapy manuals was not helpful for either AP interview, although of course some of it was useful when I began working.

LeanneH

Post by LeanneH » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you! I think I needed to hear that because I have tended to make that mistake before.

ImaginePsych

Post by ImaginePsych » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 pm

I would also have some basic knowledge of brain injury i.e. traumatic/non-traumatic and the difficulties an individual may face following a brain injury.

How you would communicate and engage with an individual with cognitive limitations/difficulties communicating following a BI? Also be aware of potential boundaries when working with somebody with a brain injury e.g. mental capacity/informed consent and what you feel may be helpful to 'rehabilitate' somebody who had suffered a BI.

These were some of the themes that came up for my Support Work and Assistant Psychologist positions within two separate brain injury services.

Good luck :)

LeanneH

Post by LeanneH » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:22 am

SparkyMarky wrote:I would also have some basic knowledge of brain injury i.e. traumatic/non-traumatic and the difficulties an individual may face following a brain injury.

How you would communicate and engage with an individual with cognitive limitations/difficulties communicating following a BI? Also be aware of potential boundaries when working with somebody with a brain injury e.g. mental capacity/informed consent and what you feel may be helpful to 'rehabilitate' somebody who had suffered a BI.

These were some of the themes that came up for my Support Work and Assistant Psychologist positions within two separate brain injury services.

Good luck :)
Thank you :D

lissa

Post by lissa » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi,

I know you posted this a while ago, but was wondering if you might be able to offer some advice following your interview with BIRT?

I have been offered an interview with them, which I am really pleased about...How did you find you interview and were you successful in obtaining the post? We are required to do a presentation, which I am a little nervous about...

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

AdeNikki

Post by AdeNikki » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 am

Hi Lissa, how did your interview go? Can you offer any advice please??

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:43 am

Another reminder that it is against our rules to request or offer insider information about a specific interview.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare