Interview at the Walton Centre

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
cjc90

Interview at the Walton Centre

Post by cjc90 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi all,

I have an AP interview at the Walton Centre and I was wondering if anyone has worked here before? If so, what does the post involve? I've looked up around neuro tests, information on the centre and how my experience can be related and I'm going to look around the difficulties that may be encountered with clients and neuro tests. Any other information would be really appreciated.
Thanks,

C

cjc90

Re: Interview at the Walton Centre

Post by cjc90 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Or any general advice for neuropsychology would be appreciated also.

C

Mikel Arteta

Re: Interview at the Walton Centre

Post by Mikel Arteta » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi, I worked there on a voluntary basis many year ago. They work a lot with patients with epilepsy and Non-epileptic attack diorder (NEAD) Professor Gus Baker is the main man there, check out some of his articles.

I doubt they would ask you about specific tests, but they may use some of these in the service:

- NART or something equivalent, to assess premorbid IQ
- Assessment information is vital here. If the person has a brain injury; look at scans (e.g. frontal lobe contusions, erm initial hypothesis perhaps executive difficulties, etc., where is the damage/deficit? Academic and occupational history, give you an idea of how they functioned prior to the injury. What do the relatives say?
- May use effort testing (to see if they are making a true effort and not malingering)
- Tests of general abaility; WAIS, RBANS, etc.
- Specific tests e.g. for executive functioing - BADS, Hayling & Brixton. Attention - TEA. Memory - WMS, CAMPROMPT (prospective memory)

They have a pain clinic there too. If you ran a group, they may ask you questions about facilitating a group

Think about neuro recovery, Barbara Wilson stuff is good.

All the best :)

They may also ask about prior clinical and research experience (know your dissertation!)
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)