IAPT low intensity therapist interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
KKG29

IAPT low intensity therapist interview

Post by KKG29 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 am

Hey guys! I am new to this forum so hopefully I am posting this in the correct place.

I have an interview for the IAPT LI training course and am obviously nervous about it. I know we cannot discuss specific questions they may ask etc but does anyone have general information they can give me to help me calm my nerves?!

It is only for 30 mins with no mention of role play so it sounds short and sweet... But I want to be as prepared as possible.

Does anyone know how many people have been shortlisted? I am praying sooooooooo hard I am successful as I want this so badly! I have no idea how much competition I am up against.

Dragonfly123

Re: IAPT low intensity therapist interview

Post by Dragonfly123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:56 am

Hi KKG29,
I had an interview for trainee position recently and the questions were based on why you wanted it the post, what can you bring to it, your experience, communication skills, risk assessment, policies and equality & diversity. Hope this helps.

KKG29

Re: IAPT low intensity therapist interview

Post by KKG29 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Dragonfly123 wrote:Hi KKG29,
I had an interview for trainee position recently and the questions were based on why you wanted it the post, what can you bring to it, your experience, communication skills, risk assessment, policies and equality & diversity. Hope this helps.
Thank you! That helps a lot. I hope it goes smoothly for me, and I hope you were successful too!