Interventions Facillitator interview advice

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
moleinahole

Interventions Facillitator interview advice

Post by moleinahole » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi all

This is my first post on here so please be kind! ( although I'm sure you all are) :D

I have an interview in a few weeks for a post as an Interventions Facillitator and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I have been asked to 'Present and lead a disussion with the panel on your understanding of what feedback is and your opinions on when and in what ways it is most useful'.

What I am asking for advice on is not the topic itself but the "present and lead a discussion" part of the task, as I find this a bit confusing. I find the idea of asking the panel questions quite strange, and cannot tell if that is what the task is asking me to do.

Has anybody had interviews for this sort of role or an interview of this type and can offer me any advice?
Thank you :)

Iwona

Re: Interventions Facillitator interview advice

Post by Iwona » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi I had an interview for this post last year and I had a similar interview task although the topic was different. It's quite challenging as you need to engage the panel in your presentation and simply asking them questions might not really work. Maybe think of a scenario related to the topic and prepare some kind of a task for the panel? Like a quiz or something? Try to think of something that will provoke a conversation. Hope that helps :)

moleinahole

Post by moleinahole » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Ah I see!
Thank you, this does help very much :) I will try to come up with a task to engange them into a conversation, prehaps give some examples of feedback and ask them about thier experiances
Thanks!

kazrw

Post by kazrw » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:41 pm

I had a similar task around 8 years ago for an interventions facilitator. I did something similar to the previous post, in that i had a task for the interviewers to do which was interactive and also asked them some questions, whilst putting my own thoughts across. I got the job and some extremely positive feedback from it...however, things may have changed since!

Basically, when facilitating interventions (group facilitator i am guessing?) they need to see that you can engage an audience, deliver material so that people can understand, listen to other peoples opinions and think on your feet...all very important skills. Good luck.

moleinahole

Post by moleinahole » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

Thank you very much :) I will put a task together!