AP interview for LD service

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
kmorris1

AP interview for LD service

Post by kmorris1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I have an AP interview coming up this Thursday working in the Learning disability service (eek :D ) One of the essential criteria on the person specification is 'A good knowledge of lifespan psychology applied to healthcare'. I was wondering what this means specifically, is it referring to things such as early intervention etc? I am yet to work in a healthcare setting but have worked with children and adults with learning disabilities for the past 8 years. If anyone has any info on what they think this criteria entails and what I should briefly know that would be fab! Thank you in advance! :)
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.

ell

Re: AP interview for LD service

Post by ell » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:41 pm

I take 'lifespan psychology' to mean the effects of different points of the lifespan, or transition points along the lifespan, on someone's well-being, health, social interactions, interaction with community etc etc etc. For a starting point, Google Erikson's lifespan stages, or Newman and Newman's revisions of these, or Broffenbrenner who looked at the different systems around the person throughout life (Ecological Systems Theory). I've given you some starters, so it's up to you to reflect on how the difficulties faced by people with LD might be better understood using lifespan psychology. Hopefully you will be able to do this, as you have clearly got lots of experience with this population.