Band 4 AP interview- Advice

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Sammy

Band 4 AP interview- Advice

Post by Sammy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi,

I have been offered an Interview for an AP post - Band 4. This is my first interview. I am little anxious about how it would go.

So, when it's a band 4 post, does people with prior experience tend to apply or is it something which suits newly qualified. I have no idea of how it works as I am new to the country.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Loula

Re: Band 4 AP interview- Advice

Post by Loula » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Sammy wrote:So, when it's a band 4 post, does people with prior experience tend to apply or is it something which suits newly qualified. I have no idea of how it works as I am new to the country.
In my experience there generally isn't much difference between a Band 4 or a Band 4 AP post and they attract the same applicants, and it is unlikely anyone will get it without some relevant experience. Normally NHS trusts have all their APs on the same banding, so it is a matter of luck whether they choose 4 or 5 (more commonly seems to be 4 these days). There are some exceptions to this, where they will have a more senior AP post, but I think that is quite unusual.

Good luck with your interview!

Sammy

Re: Band 4 AP interview- Advice

Post by Sammy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks very much Loula :)