Trainee PWP Interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
NRS

Trainee PWP Interview

Post by NRS » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi, I have an interview this Tuesday for a Trainee PWP position in Barnet. I am extremely nervous and anxious. Does anyone have any ideas what I might be asked? Would be great to hear from someone who has recently been interviewed for a PWP post.
Thank you!
NRS

haymond

Re: Trainee PWP Interview

Post by haymond » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi NRS,

Congratuluations on the job interview. This would mean that you have good qualities already as these posts tends to be quite a competetitive. Apart from your usual interview, you may or may not also have to do a roleplay involving interacting with a client. There should be videos on the IAPT website and in the reach out manuel may give you an indication of what they are looking for, if there are any roleplays. Some areas that may come up: Background to IAPT (the depression report), risks, time management, transferable clinical skills, depression + anxiety disorders, supervision, team work, diversity, stepped care model, and ability to attend to academic work. They may be more areas included as specified in the personal specifications. I also recommend not revising too much, as from experience most of what I revised does not come up and only made me more anxious. You got an interview for a competetitive post, so most of the questions they ask you, I imagine you will know already.

Kind regards,

Haymond

NRS

Post by NRS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Haymond

Thank you so much for that! I printed off Reach Out, but can't get the videos. Will look on the IAPT site.

Yes I have been over preparing, printed off way too much to read and it is making me really anxious!

Thank you for your reply!

NRS

NRS

Post by NRS » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks again for your help! Just came back from the interview, will wait and see now, hope to hear by the end of the week!

NRS

laurap123

Post by laurap123 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi, hope the interview went well!
can i ask what sort of questions they asked? I've got an interview on thursday so extremely nervous!
thanks