Dementia Support Worker Interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
DavidPsych

Dementia Support Worker Interview

Post by DavidPsych » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi!!

I have an interview this Thursday for a Dementia Support Worker at the Alzheimer's Society which I am really excited/nervous about!

I've been told that on the day I am given a topic and have 20 minutes to prepare a presentation for it- I have been preparing by reading around dementia but I feel that as I don't know the topic I'm presenting, my 'reading around' is going to be too general and won't stand out. Is it enough to prepare this way because I don't feel that it is!

Any other advice will be appreciated too!

Thank you in advance

:?: :!:

ell

Re: Dementia Support Worker Interview

Post by ell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 pm

I've worked alongside a fair few DSWs in my time, and they are valuable assets. I don't know what the interview is likely to include (and even if I did I wouldn't say!), but I would have a think about what the DSW role entails and therefore what skills are going to be important. My immediate thought is that DSWs work directly with clients and carers, and therefore need the ability to present potentially sensitive information in an easy to understand and gentle way. Might be something to bear in mind.

DavidPsych

Re: Dementia Support Worker Interview

Post by DavidPsych » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Thank you ell!

Yeah, don't worry I wasn't asking for a script of the interview ha! Your help is really appreciated and certainly something to bear in mind like you said! I have a better idea of how to prepare now, thank you! :D :D