Challenging team situation

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Syd2816

Challenging team situation

Post by Syd2816 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi all

I recently was asked in an interview what I would do if I witnessed a team member acting in a way that caused me concern with a service user. I wondered if anyone had any further ideas about what would be important to include in my answer?
I mentioned discuss this in supervision and with the team manager, consult the safeguarding lead, and maintaining a professional relationship with the worker if I raised it with them. I also gave an example of when I dealt with something like this.

I've had similar questions such as 'what would you do if you disagreed with the Psychiatrist in a meeting?'

Any thoughts? :)
Last edited by BenJMan on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title corrected

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
alexh

Re: Challengin team situation

Post by alexh » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Ask a question, broaden things out. Eg

You see something concerning, "what's the thinking behind that approach?"

Eg, "X is admitted, has crises, etc, because of their drug use."

Why is it that X is using drugs all the time? What is the function of that behaviour, what do we know about their life history that helps us to understand this.