Cambian AP Interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
vicki1077

Cambian AP Interview

Post by vicki1077 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to be able to post that I've got my very first AP interview after what seems hundreds of applications to AP posts!

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of being an AP for Cambian, as they seem to have some very poor reviews from previous employees on indeed?

The position is in a locked rehab unit for women with BPD, so I have been doing research on the treatments used, the treatments listed on the website for the rehab unit, what BPD is, etc. Am I doing the right thing in what I'm researching? There is no interview task, but someone said I should make a presentation in anyway to get across how keen I am, which I have no idea where I would start!

I'm so nervous! The gigantic list of interview questions has been opened every day since I was offered an interview!

Thank you for your help :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: Cambian AP Interview

Post by BlueCat » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:00 pm

With very large private companies like Cambian, what it is like to work in one unit of one service line in one part of the country will vary tremendously compared to another unit in that same service line elsewhere, or in another service line. Asking what its like to work for Cambian is like asking what its like to work for the NHS it will vary depending on the job you do, where you do it, and the other people you are working with.

In general, the private sector tends to take less good care of their staff, not invest so much in their staff, and have poorer terms and conditions. That said, it can still be a brilliantly rewarding job, with brilliant people, and you can get a lot out of it. Unless you are poorly for a long time, or need to take maternity leave, or carers leave, or need to think about your pension, the terms and conditions wont have much impact, and less investment in staff is more and more common in a stretched NHS anyway.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

JackIsCurious

Re: Cambian AP Interview

Post by JackIsCurious » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 am

Just curious, was this the Gloucester unit? If so, how did it go?