Question about a question

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
ColetteyBetty

Question about a question

Post by ColetteyBetty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi there.

I have an AP interview coming up and I'm thinking about the potential questions the panel may ask. One I think I'm kind of missing the point on is about how you would represent psychology in meetings. I would take this as a question about professionalism and ability to work under supervision, but I'm not sure if this would be correct. Are there BPS guidelines or something similar about how to represent psychology, does anyone know? I've had a look but can't find anything.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: Question about a question

Post by ell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I would step back from the question a bit here... What kind of meetings might these be? What might be psychology's role in the meeting? In what way might psychology offer something a bit different to what other professions are contributing to the discussion? Then you can have a think about how you would go about doing this.

I know that's just a bunch more questions to answer your question about a question, but it's helpful to understand why you're saying what you're saying, plus I don't want to spoon feed answers!

Good luck with it!

ColetteyBetty

Re: Question about a question

Post by ColetteyBetty » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks for the advice!