Band 4 Programmes Facilitator interviews

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Lanapleurodon

Band 4 Programmes Facilitator interviews

Post by Lanapleurodon » Sun May 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Basically I am desperate at this point for any assistance I can get to improve my interview strategy. I have been applying for facilitator and trainee jobs for a year and have had many interviews, however I am always the brides maid and never the bride.

I have only just recently found out about the STAR approach to competency questions and have been working on formulating my answers to better fit this style. I do still feel lost as to why I'm doing so poorly, I have made it through to stage 2 and was still rejected at the last mile stone. I have been working towards a job in this field for my entire adult life and am getting quite frustrated at my lack of progress.

Is there anybody who has been successful at interview or who has worked in this filed for a while and could give me any advice? I feel very much as though there are invisible hoops i need to jump through and I am utterly failing at working out what they are.

I have a distinction in Forensic Psychology MSc and would very much like to use it at some point, my goal is to prison psychology or programmes work and get experience and work my way up.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to take the time and rescue me!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BenJMan

Re: Band 4 Programmes Facilitator interviews

Post by BenJMan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Bump, anyone got any experience in this field or any general advice?
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

RLH87

Post by RLH87 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:40 pm

I might be able to help... PM me if you like.

psychsars

Post by psychsars » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Lanapleurodon

Just wondering if you managed to progress and get placed in a role? I have my first facilitator interview next week so I'm trying to get advice from people who have been through the process!