Experience in Transforming Care Programme

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
krastavichok

Experience in Transforming Care Programme

Post by krastavichok » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I recently went for my first ever AP interview with a Community Learning Disability team, but, unfortunately, I wasn't successful. In the feedback that they gave me they said I was a very strong candidate and gave some very good answers, but the person they ended up choosing had more experience than me in some areas. As an example they gave was a question I had about Transforming Care Programme and the Winterbourne View Hospital - they said it was excellent I had researched and learned about it and the answer I gave on that question, but the successful candidate "had more experience in the TCP". This left me confused. As a hopeful interviewee in the future, I was wondering whether anyone could help clarify, what does it mean for someone to have experience in TCP? And, following that, how does one gain experience? In my answer, I had described what it was, why it was brought on and what that means for healthcare delivery in the UK, but really that's what I thought was enough - could there have been anything more I could add to this answer to make it a successful one?

Thanks so much for reading and for any possible clarifications in advance! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lakeland

Re: Experience in Transforming Care Programme

Post by lakeland » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Inpatient LD services are currently going through Transforming Care. That means bed closures and community developments, supposedly in tandem. I would think that the successful candidate has already worked in an LD service that is having to make changes as a result of the programme aka they had more direct experience.