CAS behaviour health - AP interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
skittles96

CAS behaviour health - AP interview

Post by skittles96 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi all, I have my first ever AP interview for CAS Behavioural health and I'm not sure what to expect.. Ive been told its the usual competency interview questions but also they're going to give me a written task (case study) ?!

The service is a female psychiatric hospital 18+, some of which with offending histories however the hospital itself is not low/medium secure risk its more a rehabilitation based hospital. As I've not had an AP interview before Id appreciate any help or guidance you guys can give or any topic areas you think I should be solid on!

olive

Re: CAS behaviour health - AP interview

Post by olive » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi,
Congrats for getting an interview. In terms of reading I would definitely recommend the NICE guidelines for that service.
Sounds like risk would be really important to know for that job (what would you do in this instinct kind of risk questions..)
Also 'what recovery means to you' is a popular one and as its in rehab there will be questions around that.. as an assistant recovery focused interventions would be like goal setting, activity scheduling, graded exposure- so I'd take a look at those.
:) Good luck!