AP Interview Feedback from Employer?

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Smallblonde02

AP Interview Feedback from Employer?

Post by Smallblonde02 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 am

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help with a couple of questions I have about employers notifying candidates of outcome following interview (particularly AP ones):
1. Usually an employer says you will hear later today or tomorrow, does that mean that the successful candidates will be notified on the day and unsuccessful candidates the following?
2. Do successful candidates get informed first?

Any thoughts/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: AP Interview Feedback from Employer?

Post by Geishawife » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 pm

I can't speak for ALL emplyers, but when I have interviewed for APs the protocol has been that we inform ALL candidates of the result on the same day, be that the day of the interviews or the next day. There are exceptions to that, such as if the succesful candidate asks for a day to think about it. I think it is usual for the succesful candidate to be informed first, largely because if they turn the offer down, either there and then (rare, but it does happen) or the next day the interviewers could well have a "close second" whom they then offer the post to.

Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but don't read too much into when you are contacted. Just because you don't hear on the day doesn't necessarily mean you were unsuccesful. Interviewing and then appointing after interview is a pretty arduous task and it is not always possible to get back to people as soon as you'd like to.

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:59 pm

We usually phone the successful person, and then as soon as they accept we email everyone else.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

Smallblonde02

Post by Smallblonde02 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 pm

I got the job! :)

I have a couple more interviews coming up, what would your opinions be on still attending these?

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Congratulations! If you want one or more of them more than the job you've been offered, or if they pay more, have a shorter commute, or there is a clear reason you think they'd be more helpful to your career trajectory they might be worth attending. But if you are happy with what you've been offered, and the other posts are similar, then let someone else have the chance by declining.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare