* Honorary Assistant Psychologist - Job Interview * Help / Advice Please!

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Opetha

* Honorary Assistant Psychologist - Job Interview * Help / Advice Please!

Post by Opetha » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi everyone :D

I have been asked to attend an interview on Wednesday for an Honorary Ass Psychologist role.

I have never attended an interview for an honorary role before. Could anyone possibly advise how this will differ from a regular AP interview? Would you advise I generally prepare in the same manner?

Like many people I am pretty terrified of interviews so I am hoping (desperatly) that if I prepare sufficiently then nothing can happen to catch me out too badly.

Any general advise or guidance is very much welcomed and appreciated, I'd also love to hear from anyone else who works / has worked in an honorary role before.

Many Thanks
O

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
AJ555

Re: * Honorary Assistant Psychologist - Job Interview * Help / Advice Please!

Post by AJ555 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Different trusts etc will be different in terms of what they ask, but when I had an Hon. AP interview a lot of the questions were more scenario based.

Opetha

Re: * Honorary Assistant Psychologist - Job Interview * Help / Advice Please!

Post by Opetha » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Just to provide an update - I unfortunatly didn't get the role. Apparently there was another candidate with more experience with the client group than myself.