Quick question about the doors and people test

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

urmaserendipity85

Quick question about the doors and people test

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 am

Hi all,
Very quick question on the off chance that someone sees this before I have my appointment. Does anyone know how long the delay should be on the doors and people shapes test? Can't seem to find any guidance anywhere and I'm only using that particular subtest as part of a wider battery.
Thanks in advance!

Gilly

Re: Quick question about the doors and people test

Post by Gilly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am

is it not indicated in the manual?

im remember that the recognition task happens straight afterwards, you go through all the door stimuli, then turn right onto the 4 choice recognition? (ive only done the doors subsection of the test, so not sure about the people)
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

urmaserendipity85

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks Gilly, I didn't have the manual just a photocopied sheet with the instructions on. The part of it I was doing involved presenting 4 simple line drawings of crosses. There's a copy part, and then they get 3 trials at immediate recall, and then there's a delayed recall. No recognition component in this bit. I guessed at a 30 min delay, since that seems to be the standard.
Cheers!x

Borrowed Cone

Post by Borrowed Cone » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm

anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes is fine
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:52 am

Long time ago I know - but just to add correct information - the manual states a delay of not less than 10 minutes and not more than 15 minutes for the delayed recall elements of the test.