Private practice policy

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Hux

Private practice policy

Post by Hux » Fri May 02, 2014 2:16 am

I'm currently working as a professional hypnotherapist and as such I have a website along with all the usual methods of promoting my practice. I'm wondering, could anyone tell me the policy regarding working as a PWP while at the same time advertising a private practice such as mine?

Borrowed Cone

Re: Private practice policy

Post by Borrowed Cone » Fri May 02, 2014 6:46 pm

your employing Trust will have a policy on whether you need to notify them about a second job or not; but essentially what you do in your own time is your own business so long as it doesn't impact on your ability to do your PWP job
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

Hux

Post by Hux » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Many thanks for info, that's the general feeling I've been getting as well, but I know there were strict guidelines when it came to doctors advertising their private business,while working for the NHS- so just wanted to make sure the same would not apply in this case. As you say - it is probably necessary to find out policy on a case by case basis.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Always much safer to declare any outside interests, and never to do anything that could potentially be considered a conflict of interest (eg take clients within the catchment area and demographic).
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com