Recruiting Participants: life events and sense of self

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Gilly

Recruiting Participants: life events and sense of self

Post by Gilly » Tue May 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello everyone - I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who is recruiting for her ClinPsyD thesis - please see the information below - thank you!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I would like to invite you to participate in a research project exploring how we see ourselves as a result of our life experiences and its influence on post-traumatic adjustment.

The aim of the study is to investigate the relationship between how we see ourselves as a result of our life experiences and the impact of that on post-traumatic psychological adjustment.

The study is looking for participants aged 18 and above, who are fluent in English and have experienced any traumatic life event (i.e. car accident, illness, attack/ assault, violence, robbery). I have been given ethical approval for the project from the University of East Anglia FMH committee, and am being supervised by Dr Laura Jobson at the University of East Anglia.

If you agree to take part in the study you will be asked to firstly give consent. You will then be given several questionnaires to complete. These will assess how you see yourself, previous negative life experiences (including trauma experiences) and mood. You will then be asked to fill in some brief non identifiable questions about yourself (e.g. age, education, ethnicity). Finally, you will be asked if you would like to enter a draw to win a voucher for your participation. The study will take approximately 50 minutes to complete.

If you are interested in taking part please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/howyouseeyourself

If you would like to find out more, please contact me on: k.channer@uea.ac.uk.

Thank you for your time in reading this message,

Kind regards,

Kerrie Channer,
Trainee Clinical Psychologist,
University of East Anglia
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.