Participants needed - Experiences of pregnancy

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Honeybee

Participants needed - Experiences of pregnancy

Post by Honeybee » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:30 am

Hello all,

My name is Natalie Cook, and I'm a final year Trainee Clinical Psychologist on the Oxford course. I'm coming to the end of the recruitment period for my dissertation, and would be incredibly grateful if you could help me find suitable participants in the next month so I can graduate on time!

My study is interested in understanding more about women's experiences of pregnancy and expectations of motherhood. It has received NHS Research Ethics Committee approval (including approval to use internet-based recruitment). I am the lead researcher, and am being supervised by Dr. Antje Horsch and Prof. Susan Ayers.

If you are a first-time pregnant women in your third trimester, and have been feeling a little overwhelmed, worried, or sad over the past few weeks, please follow this link to take part: https://psychiatryoxford.eu.qualtrics.c ... IXfRzdjLtb

You will be asked to complete an online questionnaire (which can be completed on smartphones), and take part in an interview with me over the phone at a time that suits you. Following your completion of the study, you will be entered into a prize draw to win 1 of 3 £50 Marks and Spencer vouchers.

Research like this will help to break down the stigma associated with perinatal mental health difficulties, and improve support for women in the future.

For more information, please visit: http://oxfordperinatal.squarespace.com/

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: Natalie.Cook@hmc.ox.ac.uk

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

memifer

Re: Participants needed - Experiences of pregnancy

Post by memifer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 am

Hi,

What will the closing date for this study be? I'm 5 weeks away from the third trimester so wondering if you will still be recruiting then?

Honeybee

Post by Honeybee » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Memifer,

Thanks for getting in touch. My aim is to finish recruitment by end of May/beginning of June so you'd be more than welcome to participate! If you register your details using the link above, I can get in touch with you in five weeks time and we can take it from there.

Many thanks!
Natalie

memifer

Post by memifer » Mon May 02, 2016 9:26 am

Done :D

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:16 pm

I don't fit the bill as I'm not 1st pregnancy, but I will advertise amongst maternity/perinatal networks that I'm part of (personal not professional)
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.