IAPT London applications

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Anne1206

Re: IAPT London applications

Post by Anne1206 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Which borough did you apply for? I know that UCL does the ‘long-listing’ and then sends it over to the services. I know that for my service they wanted to have the shortlist on Tuesday.. But obviously I can’t say if this is the same for every borough

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:50 pm

I applied to Redbridge and Waltham Forest. Currently feeling bit fed up as living in Luton and the same role came up here but was removed due to application volume before i could submit. Was only up for 36 hrs :( trying to stay positive!

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 pm

I applied to Camden and Islington and City and Hackney and have not yet had a response either way. Although, I'm also aware that the application said that not everyone gets their first choices anyway, so I'm not sure how it works! Good luck! :lol:

Flickk

Post by Flickk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Mine is also still under assessment :( feeling apprehensive now as interviews start a week on Monday, and they usually give around a week's notice.

I applied to Merton and Kingston - anyone heard from these?

Really hope UCL will also email unsuccessful applicants.. a personal pet peeve of mine when services don't! :?

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Yes the uncertainty is hard. At least with firm dates you know where you are. I'm feeling that its unlikely that I have been successful due to not hearing anything. I can only think I have not completed the form to a high enough standard as genuinely felt I had a strong application - eight years working with adults on the autistic spectrum both in group and individual settings. Address a high amount of depression and anxiety using basic CBT techniques. Additionally male and older (40), looking at the current demographic I would have thought this might had made the application more appealing. Its impossible to second guess though, I guess will know for sure one way or the other by this time next week.

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Don't worry, I gave in and called UCL. Apparently they haven't finished shortlisting yet so there is still hope!

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks for posting that, seems to be a waiting game for now.

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Still no news...

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:05 pm

No, nothing here either. I'm inclined to think an interview is unlikely at this time really. When you called, did they offer any timeline? I'm assuming not or it would have been mentioned. I'm really surprised to not get an interview though if I am honest. Perhaps someone on here will be able to have a look at my application and offer some pointers.

samantha86

Post by samantha86 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Nope, unfortunately not. Slightly frustrating. Perhaps they wait for all the shortlisted candidates to confirm attendance before sending out all responses? Another phone call tomorrow I feel... :(

jason712

Post by jason712 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Same for me, still haven't heard anything and my application is still under assessment. I did apply the day of the deadline so not sure if they assess based on the order of who they received the applications from first.

Cerumol

Post by Cerumol » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Well I applied deadline day too, but would be surprised if this is how they do it as believe ucl does initial long list and then the boroughs indicate who to shortlist (I think).

Maango

Post by Maango » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 am

Another person here still waiting to hear back too :bom: :bom:

krastavichok

Post by krastavichok » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I sent the department an email today, as their telephone number was going straight to voicemail, and I received an automatic response that whoever is in charge of sending out interview invitations is on annual leave until tomorrow (Wednesday, 29th). Hopefully this means that not all is lost and we will be hearing back soon! :bom:

hollyhock

Post by hollyhock » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:51 am

krastavichok wrote:I sent the department an email today, as their telephone number was going straight to voicemail, and I received an automatic response that whoever is in charge of sending out interview invitations is on annual leave until tomorrow (Wednesday, 29th). Hopefully this means that not all is lost and we will be hearing back soon! :bom:
I am also waiting, which borough was it you emailed? :)