Psychology Conversion MSc

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
worldly

Psychology Conversion MSc

Post by worldly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 am

Hello, I am new here, what a great site with lots of information!

I'm currently undergoing a career change- from a paramedic into psychology. I've got a place as a trainee psychological wellbeing practitioner and start training at the end of April. I'm currently 24, and have an end goal of becoming a clinical or forensic psychologist.

My undergrad is a foundation degree (FdSc) in paramedic science, I will be doing a PGCert this year in low intensity psychological therapies, and plan to take the conversion MSc next year in psychology.

I just wondered if I'm going to be at a disadvantage without a BSc later on down the line? I should also mention I have a vast range of clinical experience through my work as a paramedic, and before that in support roles for brain injured individuals.

Thanks for reading :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf