Professional Development Days 2018 (interview preparation)

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Professional Development Days 2018 (interview preparatio

Post by miriam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Due to popular demand we have added a second Matlock date: Thursday 1st March

We still have one or two spaces for the London days next week, if anyone wants to make a last minute booking.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jason712

Post by jason712 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Just wanted to add that I really enjoyed the day. Highly recommended that people attend whenever possible. I didn't know what to expect on the day but I suspected it would be something that would expose me to some anxiety-provoking situations, and it certainly did. But in a good way, those of us that get an interview are no doubt going to be incredibly nervous on the day and this was like a simulation test of that day. I think ultimately what I will take away is to be more confident in my knowledge and skill set.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am

Thanks for the feedback Jason. I enjoyed both days, and it seems from the feedback that so did the participants :)

Here are the photos from the London days:

The second day got a tougher challenge in case they had seen previous photos!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

ClaireQuinn

Post by ClaireQuinn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi there, I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right section as I’ve never posted on here before. I just wanted to ask whether there were any spaces left on the PD day in Matlock on the the 1st of March. I’d really love to book on but I wasn’t sure howto do it or whether there were any spaces left

Thanks

Claire

JessicaJamJar

Post by JessicaJamJar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am

ClaireQuinn wrote:Hi there, I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right section as I’ve never posted on here before. I just wanted to ask whether there were any spaces left on the PD day in Matlock on the the 1st of March. I’d really love to book on but I wasn’t sure howto do it or whether there were any spaces left

Thanks

Claire
Hi Claire, yes - there are still some spaces available. If you drop me an email at jessica@lifepsychol.co.uk, I can send you an information pack and we can book you in on the session :)