Birmingham Written Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
soph99

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by soph99 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi,
Tomorrow evening is good for me!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
rebeccaunett

Post by rebeccaunett » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

Hi,

tonight is good for me too. What time?

maryse1271

Post by maryse1271 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 am

Hi All,

Could i also join the discussion tonight? I can do any time from 6pm :)

Maryse

rebeccaunett

Post by rebeccaunett » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 pm

I have just seen HJJ post suggesting 7pm (sorry Hannah, I am obviously oblivious today!)

7pm tonight on live chat :) see you then!

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:45 pm

I will also make efforts to attend this evening

kathrynjane

Post by kathrynjane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:24 pm

hjj wrote:Hi,

Is anyone free tomorrow (Mon 19th) at 7pm? Was wondering if there was a group of us who would like to discuss the past papers on live chat?
Thanks, Hannah
Yes I would like to Hannah :-)

hjj

Post by hjj » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi,

Sorry I ended up having to work late so just got in. Still up for going through the papers tonight at 7pm :) I have not done this before so not too sure how it works but seems you just click on the live chat button and go from there!

maryse1271

Post by maryse1271 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

Hi,
Does anyone else want to go through any questions or topics tonight?
I can do 8:30pm!

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 am

Hi maryse

There is a live chat planned for 7/7.30 this evening.

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi,

I would also be interested in joining the bham chat too. I have attempted to complete the 2016 past paper, although it has been a very long time since I did stats/research methods. I will try my best to log on for 7/7.30pm, but depends if my little one gets to sleep on time!

maryse1271

Post by maryse1271 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi All,
How did people find the tests this year?

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Honestly I found it an awful experience! I was so disappointed in myself as this was the only test of the three I’ve done that I could prepare for and I’ve generally felt stats / research methods is a strength of mine. I’d spent ages preparing and I don’t think I did justice for myself at all :( Still it’s done and I guess I can learn from the experience if nothing else

maryse1271

Post by maryse1271 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Esuma wrote:Honestly I found it an awful experience! I was so disappointed in myself as this was the only test of the three I’ve done that I could prepare for and I’ve generally felt stats / research methods is a strength of mine. I’d spent ages preparing and I don’t think I did justice for myself at all :( Still it’s done and I guess I can learn from the experience if nothing else
In all honesty i felt exactly the same.
I spent so long preparing and felt fairly confident about this exam and as you said, they did luckily publish some of the papers.
I dont know what happened but I felt like I did NOT do well at all. The time absolutely flew by and i felt like a deer in the headlights.

Just have to wait for the "no" now :cry:

Sorry you had a similar negative experience.

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 pm

maryse1271 wrote:
Esuma wrote:Honestly I found it an awful experience! I was so disappointed in myself as this was the only test of the three I’ve done that I could prepare for and I’ve generally felt stats / research methods is a strength of mine. I’d spent ages preparing and I don’t think I did justice for myself at all :( Still it’s done and I guess I can learn from the experience if nothing else
In all honesty i felt exactly the same.
I spent so long preparing and felt fairly confident about this exam and as you said, they did luckily publish some of the papers.
I dont know what happened but I felt like I did NOT do well at all. The time absolutely flew by and i felt like a deer in the headlights.

Just have to wait for the "no" now :cry:

Sorry you had a similar negative experience.
Ahh sorry you had the same experience too.

Yes exactly - it seemed to me there were more questions / and each question had several more parts than the practice ones and by the time I’d even read the information on the study / got my head around that the time limit was just ridiculous. Deer in the headlights is so accurate to how I felt! Then the frantic typing by everyone else was rather off putting :shock: it’s a definite no for me since the last question I only put one answer for and couldn’t think of anything else and I wasted a lot of time writing out the stats before I re-read the question and realised I’d done it wrong.

puggins

Post by puggins » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm

I completely overlooked the fact it was a 40 minute test and assumed I had an hour, I didn't even look at the timer until it was too late, so I've only answered 2 questions out of 4. Nevermind!!