2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
Tugce1993
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Tugce1993 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Tugce1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am
Fourth time applying - first ever interview! So excited and CANNOT believe it! :lol:

Essex
KCL
Royal Holloway
Hertfordshire

Essex
- 2nd on the reserve list!

Really, really hoping the list moves. The limbo continues! :shock:

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Bell
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Bell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 pm

kined wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 am
Bell wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 am
kined wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm
Hey! Has anyone interviewing at Bangor next week heard about their panel members? In the original invite pack it said panel member information will follow but not heard anything yet.

Not sure how long to leave it before sending a polite email asking! Thanks in advance :P
I was just querying the same thing. I was thinking of waiting until Thursday/Friday since interviews start on Monday.

What day is your interview?
Glad it’s not just me! My interview is the Thursday so was thinking of emailing end of this week also. When’s yours? :)


Mine is on Wednesday. I emailed, but haven't heard anything back so starting to wonder if we will?

Alolom
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Alolom » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Tugce1993 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:04 pm
Tugce1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am
Fourth time applying - first ever interview! So excited and CANNOT believe it! :lol:

Essex
KCL
Royal Holloway
Hertfordshire

Essex
- 2nd on the reserve list!

Really, really hoping the list moves. The limbo continues! :shock:
First year Essex trainee here, well done! The interview isn’t easy at all. You should be so proud of yourself :). Good luck with the reserve list

Tugce1993
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Tugce1993 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:34 am

Thank you Alolom! It was a really difficult and long day but the interviewers made it as pleasant as they could! Do you know how much the reserve list has moved in previous years? Thanks again!

kined
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by kined » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:08 am

kined wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 am
Bell wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 am
kined wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm
Hey! Has anyone interviewing at Bangor next week heard about their panel members? In the original invite pack it said panel member information will follow but not heard anything yet.

Not sure how long to leave it before sending a polite email asking! Thanks in advance :P

I was just querying the same thing. I was thinking of waiting until Thursday/Friday since interviews start on Monday.

What day is your interview?
Glad it’s not just me! My interview is the Thursday so was thinking of emailing end of this week also. When’s yours? :)
Just got an email today with the interview panel members! I like how they all wrote their personal stories and messages of good luck. Good luck on Wednesday! Fingers crossed for us! :thumleft:

Jeopick
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 am

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Jeopick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 am

Did Birmingham do a selection test this year (as advertised)? I received an invite last year with much less experience but this year it was a straight up email rejection. What's been other's experience?

c379x
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by c379x » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Jeopick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 am
Did Birmingham do a selection test this year (as advertised)? I received an invite last year with much less experience but this year it was a straight up email rejection. What's been other's experience?
There wasnt a selection test this year, it was straight to interviews so based solely on application.

JB99
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by JB99 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm

UEA ---> UEA Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!
Manchester
Surrey
Southampton

In complete shock!

Esuma
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Esuma » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm

JB99 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm
UEA ---> UEA Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!
Manchester
Surrey
Southampton

In complete shock!
Congratulations!!

JB99
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by JB99 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 am

Thank you :) Best of luck with your applications!

qqpeow
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by qqpeow » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Bath
Cardiff

UCL
Manchester
-> Manchester

Second time applicant and my first ever interview... Really hoping this list moves!
Last edited by qqpeow on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasKate2989
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by ThomasKate2989 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Coventry and Warwick
Liverpool
Manchester > Manchester
Staffordshire

First ever interview and thought it was really tough so quite happy I didn't do as badly as I thought :lol:

Congratulations to all the blues!!

buenosaires
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:56 am

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by buenosaires » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

MirandaJN wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:05 am
Have also decided to post this year instead of lurking on the website :cyclops:

Bath
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick
Manchester

Second time applying
Bath
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick
Manchester -------> MANCHESTER!!!!!

So excited! Any other Manchester blues out there?!

kined
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by kined » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:54 pm

kined wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Pleased to update!

Bangor :alien: !
Edinburgh :alien: !
Lancaster
Liverpool

Super happy as these two are my top choices! Very excited and nervous as this is my first year applying. Well done everyone :D
Bangor :alien: ! —> Bangor!!!
Edinburgh :alien: !
Lancaster
Liverpool

First ever interview and been offered a place! Sooooo happy as I fell in love with the course when I went!

forrest
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:53 am

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by forrest » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:20 am

Congratulations kined! Iv been offered a place in Bangor too! I thought the course and the staff were amazing, so excited! I'll maybe see you in September :D Good luck in other interviews!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests