Reserve list for places 2020

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
khx

Reserve list for places 2020

Post by khx » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Congrats on getting a place or a reserve place.

I thought this thread would provide a space for people to find out more about the reserve lists and if they are moving.

I am on reserve for Manchester.

Best of luck, stay safe. :)

lozzyhickers

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by lozzyhickers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm

I’m a reserve at UEA. We don’t know our placement, so I’d be very grateful to hear if any news relating to movement on the UEA list!

Congratulations and good luck everyone.

Aanneett

Post by Aanneett » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey,

I am on the reserve list for Manchester, just like UEA we don't know which place. I find this very difficult as we don't get feedback either, as apparently our performance was good enough, but then it wasn't good enough to be offered a place; therefore, I would like to know what I should work on.

I think the last few days I have been facing a lot of very mixed emotions, and working from home I have too much time to think about it. I am looking forward to hearing about any movement...

Bell

Post by Bell » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Aanneett wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm
Hey,

I am on the reserve list for Manchester, just like UEA we don't know which place. I find this very difficult as we don't get feedback either, as apparently our performance was good enough, but then it wasn't good enough to be offered a place; therefore, I would like to know what I should work on.

I think the last few days I have been facing a lot of very mixed emotions, and working from home I have too much time to think about it. I am looking forward to hearing about any movement...
Agreed on the points you make. Feedback would still be nice. Also finding it difficult to shut off as I'm working from home. Been receiving a few nuisance calls and every time I panic thinking it could be related to clinical.

I'm reserve for Manchester, but also for Bangor. I'm first reserve for Bangor so it would be useful to know if anyone here might be considering declining their space if they're accepted somewhere else :? Longshot, but worth a try. For anyone else waiting, I was told on Monday 7 out of the 11 spaces have been confirmed for Bangor. Wanting to have some hope, but also looks like it's filling up quickly :cry:

ChinChinar

Post by ChinChinar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Well done to those who have got a reserve spot after interviewing. I was in that position last year, it was quite bitter sweet and anxiety provoking at the same time. Requiring feedback is always useful, but in my experience many of the courses will not provide you feedback even after getting a reserve spot until after the deadline to respond to offers after the 5th June. This is particularly true of UEA - which is a 3 month wait!
I hope that in this already anxiety provoking period you can allow for some self care, space to reflect and self compassion. If you have another interview coming up focus on your strengths in the interviews you've had - what went well - how can you get this across again.

Best of luck

Blossom

Post by Blossom » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:15 am

Also a reserve for UEA. Anyone have any idea how many people are usually on the list?
Thanks

Beccaraku

Post by Beccaraku » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm 6th reserve for Oxford - any feedback on the likelihood of this moving enough to get a place is welcome!

baa123

Post by baa123 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how far down reserve lists usually move for a place? Can it go quite far down or is it usually just the first couple?

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 pm

I think the earlier the interview the more the reserve list for a place moves and the later the interview the more the reserve list for an in interview moves.

That said it does depend on the year and the uni and so on.

Aanneett

Post by Aanneett » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm

I just withdrew from the reserve list for place at Manchester. Good luck everyone!

lucy1

Post by lucy1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi,

I have a reserve place for Bangor but I’m so frustrated as they aren’t able to tell me what rank I am :| I’m trying to wait patiently but I’m finding this difficult :lol:

does anyone have any idea of how many reserve places are allocated and if there is usually movement with this course? As know there are eleven places so wonder if there are a similar number if reserve spots.

Anyway we’ll done to all who’ve got a reserve place as I think it’s an achievement in itself

Lucy

ElisaLib

Post by ElisaLib » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:16 am

Hi all, I'm on the reserve list for UEA and Oxford - not sure about how long the lists are but I think they are likely to be longer this year because of COVID-related uncertainty

PeterJames1357

Post by PeterJames1357 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 am

ElisaLib wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:16 am
Hi all, I'm on the reserve list for UEA and Oxford - not sure about how long the lists are but I think they are likely to be longer this year because of COVID-related uncertainty
UEA have said their reserve list is longer this year due to COVID-related uncertainties but I’m struggling to think of what uncertainties would motivate courses to have longer than normal reserve lists. Do they anticipate more people turning down offers?

peanut20

Post by peanut20 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:12 am

PeterJames1357 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 am
ElisaLib wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:16 am
UEA have said their reserve list is longer this year due to COVID-related uncertainties but I’m struggling to think of what uncertainties would motivate courses to have longer than normal reserve lists. Do they anticipate more people turning down offers?
My initial thought is they may be aware people may have to turn down offers due to related events eg sickness, grief, difficulties moving, international students who may not be able to travel depending on restrictions. Sounds like courses are trying to pre- empt any possibilities.

Bell

Post by Bell » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 am

lucy1 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 pm
Hi,

I have a reserve place for Bangor but I’m so frustrated as they aren’t able to tell me what rank I am :| I’m trying to wait patiently but I’m finding this difficult :lol:

does anyone have any idea of how many reserve places are allocated and if there is usually movement with this course? As know there are eleven places so wonder if there are a similar number if reserve spots.

Anyway we’ll done to all who’ve got a reserve place as I think it’s an achievement in itself

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

I'm not entirely sure, but I think courses usually do the same amount of reserve spaces per allocated spaces. Some courses might be doing more this year due to the situation. Well done for your reserve and you're not alone in trying to wait patiently.
Last edited by Bell on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.