Problems with uploading documents

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
blan09

Problems with uploading documents

Post by blan09 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I keep having problems with uploading my transcript to my online application. Does anyone else have similar problems? How to resolve it? I searched the forum and did not find any discussion about this problem this year. I am now thinking about posting my transcript to Clearing House tomorrow, instead of waiting until Monday and trying to phone them or email them to ask for help.

bells90

Re: Problems with uploading documents

Post by bells90 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 pm

I had this same problem yesterday and thought it might be because the file size was too large (mine was around 5mb for some reason). I emailed clearing house to check and they said documents of around 1mb should be fine. Sure enough, I re-sized my pdf and it uploaded perfectly. Hope that helps :D

blan09

Post by blan09 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Thank you so much! I didn't realize there was 1mb size limit for uploading files. I just reduced the size of PDF and uploaded transcript without problem. Thank you! :D

sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Im also having problems with mine, I have managed to add two documents but trying to upload a third one and there are simply no buttons on there now to allow me to upload/ post any further documents. Doesn't make any sense?!

blue86

Post by blue86 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 pm

sockmonkey wrote:Im also having problems with mine, I have managed to add two documents but trying to upload a third one and there are simply no buttons on there now to allow me to upload/ post any further documents. Doesn't make any sense?!
What is the third document that you are trying to upload? I have two files uploaded as well and there is no more room for a third one. From what I can see, the system was set up to handle two files - the transcript one and the GBC letter.
If this is the case, then your option would be to delete the first two and collate them so that you only upload the two files. It was easier for me since I had two different transcripts so I put them in one file and named it transcripts. But it might be different in your case depending on what you are uploading.

sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Ahh yes thanks Blue, thats exactly what my problem is, and that makes a lot more sense than "its out to get me and stop me applying" :wink:

I am also trying to upload two transcripts as I did a conversion course. Il see if I can do that and re-upload as a single document. I am however a little scared about deleting anything just in case it wont let me add it again!!

Thanks for the help.

blue86

Post by blue86 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 pm

sockmonkey wrote:Ahh yes thanks Blue, thats exactly what my problem is, and that makes a lot more sense than "its out to get me and stop me applying" :wink:

I am also trying to upload two transcripts as I did a conversion course. Il see if I can do that and re-upload as a single document. I am however a little scared about deleting anything just in case it wont let me add it again!!

Thanks for the help.
I don't think you should have any problems deleting and adding again. If you do, you still have a few weeks to contact the Clearing house and get everything sorted out. So no need to panic! :) I totally get the feeling that "something is going to go wrong and I won't finish my application". But technical difficulties should be pretty easy to sort out since it's mostly the same system from last year, and it worked just fine. Best of luck with your application!

Hazjr

Post by Hazjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I was wondering whether anyone could help me. I have more or less finished my application form, except the document section. For some reason, I find that I do not have an 'upload file' button or a button that allows me to indicate that I have completed this section.

Further information: I'm a final year undergraduate, and I'm awaiting to finish my degree course. Has anyone been in a similar position?

Regards
Hazjr.

Serendipity5

Post by Serendipity5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Hazjr,

You need to complete the funding and eligibility sections first. However perhaps it is because you have not completed your degree so you will not yet have GBC or your degree transcript?
~Strive to be the exception not the rule~

Hazjr

Post by Hazjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Serendipity5,

I have completed the eligibility section and like you have said, it is most likely because I have not finished my degree yet. Do you have any idea as to how I should deal with this situation? As there must been undergraduates, before me, who have completed the application form?

Regards and thanks for replying.

han10

Post by han10 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 pm

My advice would be to check the clearing house website for guidance - FAQ's sections etc. If you can't find your answer there ring up or email clearing house via their pages.

Also, I don't want to make assumptions about what expereince you have gained prior to or during your undergraduate degree or tell you something you have already looked into, but I would check carefully the eligibility requirements for the courses you are applying to. Most/all require a significant amount of some sort of clinical experience (many the equivalent of a year or more paid full time employment) and as such most people complete their undergrad and then work for a while before applying. I'm sure as you say there have been successful trainees that apply straight from undergrad before, but they are probably a minority and the system is probably not designed so well for them, which might explain why you are struggling!

best wishes

Hazjr

Post by Hazjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks Han10 for the advice, it is most appreciated. I am aware of the requirements for the clinical courses, and have looked at the alternative handbook to check which courses would consider current undergraduates. I have been doing my research for the last to 2.5 years and I am very aware of my likelihood of being considered for one of the clinical course. However, I don't think there would be any harm in going through the application process.

I ended up ringing the clearing house, and it appeared that there was something wrong with their system, which they promptly sorted out for me :)

han10

Post by han10 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Nope never any harm in applying, you sound like you have done your homework and know the process. Our cohort is pretty diverse in how we got to training - no one straight from a BSc I don't think, but a good few career changes etc and I think diversity in training cohorts is a good thing!

Good luck with your application - glad it is all sorted.

Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: New problem with uploaded documents

Thought that this topic seemed a fitting place to ask, rather than starting a new discussion.

Has anyone else had any problems with the site storing previous uploads? Mine has 3 on there, which will not allow me to delete any. When I download the application, it has 2 copies of my transcript attached at the end....help? :oops:

Frey12

Post by Frey12 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Randall

Mine also had two copies of the transcript and GBC letter but I've submitted it anyway, better for them to have it twice then not at all. I had a few problems last year with documents (they didn't think I'd uploaded the GBC stuff when I had) and the clearing house contacted me and were really good at helping me sort things out on the phone and through email (after the deadline) so I'm sure they'll let you know if there are any problems, so I wouldn't over worry yourself.

:)