Policy and Legislation in Adult Mental Health

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
blueyosemite

Policy and Legislation in Adult Mental Health

Post by blueyosemite » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Hello

I'm really new to this site and posting so apologies if I've not got the right place ...

I've been travelling for the last year or so and feel really out of the loop.

I've seen a few jobs and have an interview for a post in adult mental health and just wondered what are the relevant guidance/policies/legislation in adult mental health at the moment...

So far I've got :

- the Francis report
- the schizophrenia audit
- parity of esteem
- mental health clustering

I would just appreciate knowing what policies are effecting services at the moment as I feel a bit out of it ! Any help would be great ! Many thanks :-)

Loula

Re: Policy and Legislation in Adult Mental Health

Post by Loula » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm

I'd also be thinking about the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act. Also safeguarding (both vulnerable adults and children). I wouldn't expect someone to know the ins and outs of any of these, but a vague understanding of how they might relate to the role being interviewed for. So for example, an understanding that in a psychiatric inpatient unit some people might be detained (under the MHA), concerns relating to safeguarding children takes priority over everything else- even if the child is not your client etc.

sv650biker

Re: Policy and Legislation in Adult Mental Health

Post by sv650biker » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Does anyone have any updates on this? As I have an upcoming 8a interview for Adult Mental Health...