Critiquing articles

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
stratfmg

Critiquing articles

Post by stratfmg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi everyone,
Apologies in advance if this has been covered on another thread! I was just wondering if anybody had any preparation tips when applying for courses that have screening tests. Tests are not my strong point and, despite preparing quite a bit, I have never got anywhere..I was really disappointed this year as I really liked the ethos of the Staffordshire Course but wasn't shortlisted for interview; I spoke to someone (I know I cant generalize!) who was successful this year and they outlined what they had written in the assessment; I lot of the things they had mentioned I had too, which is even more frustrating!
Anyway, if anyone has any tips or reading that may help me I would really appreciate it!

Thank you:)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Critiquing articles

Post by maven » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:06 am

We've got quite a few archived livechat discussions on critiquing articles that might be worth a read.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

stratfmg

Post by stratfmg » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Maven,
Thank you! I'm just wondering how I access these archived livechats?:)

Megan

jamesivens

Post by jamesivens » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Trisha Greenhalgh's articles http://www.bmj.com/about-bmj/resources- ... read-paper are great

Bw

J

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

stratfmg wrote:Hi Maven,
Thank you! I'm just wondering how I access these archived livechats?:)

Megan
You use the search function, or look in the appropriate section of the forum index. In this case the clearly labelled
Members' Area (includes LiveChat)
This area is accessible to signed in members of the forum only. It contains blogs by forum members, plus information about the LiveChat facility, including details of when we have scheduled live workshops, clubs and discussions, and how to participate. LiveChat events will include a chance to discuss and critique journal articles, hone SPSS skills, discussion professional development and mutual support and collaboration regarding research. Previous Live Chats will also be archived here.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare