Next intake for UCL PWP course?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
roslo

Next intake for UCL PWP course?

Post by roslo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

I am having trouble finding out how to apply for the next Low intensity CBT (PWP) course? I can't find any information on deadlines on the UCL website and neither can find the course on the search tab to apply.

Could anyone help, please?

Thank you!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
anarella

Re: Next intake for UCL PWP course?

Post by anarella » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Roslo,

I think that the funding for PWP courses may have now stopped so perhaps that is the reason for UCL not advertising one at the moment. Maybe it's worth giving them a call directly though and confirming this. Good luck with it.

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:29 pm

anarella wrote:Hi Roslo,

I think that the funding for PWP courses may have now stopped so perhaps that is the reason for UCL not advertising one at the moment. Maybe it's worth giving them a call directly though and confirming this. Good luck with it.
The PWP courses are still being funded. I believe applications for UCL are January to start March/April but also June time for September. On NHS jobs there are some trainee roles up but I don't think they are for UCL.

Have you checked on their website as it may give information for when applications are open.

Good luck :D

roslo

Post by roslo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Thank you all for the responsed.

I cannot find any PWP trainee post on NHS jobs (and I am signed up for daily emails). They all request you to be a qualified PWP :|

What is the exact website for IAPT PWP? I thought I had the correct one but in there they did say about still deciding if the funding will continue...

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 pm

According to this document training is still to be funded with the theme of justifying cost by saying it will decrease healthcare costs in other parts of the system, hence LTC focus.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/u ... -18-19.pdf
[have copied out the relevant part, sorry about formatting not carrying over well]
"Continue to improve ac
cess to
psychology therapies
(IAPT) services with, maintaining the increase of 60,000
people accessing treatment achieved in 2017/18 and
increase by a further 140,000 delivering a national access
rate of 19% for people with common mental health
conditions.
Do so by supporting HEE’s commissioning of
1,000 replacement practitioners and a further 1,000 trainees
to expand services. This will release 1,500 mental health
therapists to work in primary care. Approximately two-
thirds
of the increase to psychological
therapies should be in new
integrated services focused on people with co
-morbid
long
term physical health conditions
and/or medically
unexplained symptoms, delivered in primary care. Continue
to ensure that access, waiting time and recovery standards
are
met"

sofia

Post by sofia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi,

I believe it will be on the website when it's time for the next intake - applications for the September one opened at some point in May when I was applying a couple of years ago.
I can't imagine UCL stopping the PWP training but there must be an email for enquiries.
UCL posts will not be on the NHS job site, you apply for the course rather than the job. Still worth keeping yourself subscribed, I know some services advertise for trainees before uni starts if they really need PWP's. I have not seen it in London though, but might be wrong. I have heard some services outside London do it sometimes.

roslo

Post by roslo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:11 pm

sofia wrote:Hi,

I believe it will be on the website when it's time for the next intake - applications for the September one opened at some point in May when I was applying a couple of years ago.
I can't imagine UCL stopping the PWP training but there must be an email for enquiries.
UCL posts will not be on the NHS job site, you apply for the course rather than the job. Still worth keeping yourself subscribed, I know some services advertise for trainees before uni starts if they really need PWP's. I have not seen it in London though, but might be wrong. I have heard some services outside London do it sometimes.
Thank you, Sofia.

Will keep checking then!