Support Worker Development Program NHS interview help

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
somebodyplshelpme

Support Worker Development Program NHS interview help

Post by somebodyplshelpme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi,

I've recently graduated from my university with a 2:1 in psychology but due to my lack of job experience I've been struggling to find a job however I was contacted today by the NHS to offer me an interview for the Support Worker Development Program and I just have a few questions for anyone who can offer me advice or have been on the program:

- would this be classed as relevant clinical experience for clinpsyd applications?
- for anyone whos been interviewed for the program, how was it/what sort of questions did they ask?
- should I say in the interview that I am applying for my MSc for next year? or leave that out, also should I include that im not available past 5pm on wednesday/thursday due to personal issues as I understand it is shift work and getting stuck with these shifts would screw me pretty hard.
- any general advice? because I'm nervous

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Support Worker Development Program NHS interview help

Post by maven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 pm

It sounds like a good first step on the ladder job, and any position can be relevant experience if you make the most of it, but it will also open doors to experiences that are more overtly psychological.

As to soliciting (or providing) questions for a specific position, that's against forum rules as it undermines the fairness of selection processes.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

somebodyplshelpme

Re: Support Worker Development Program NHS interview help

Post by somebodyplshelpme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 pm

maven wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 pm
It sounds like a good first step on the ladder job, and any position can be relevant experience if you make the most of it, but it will also open doors to experiences that are more overtly psychological.

As to soliciting (or providing) questions for a specific position, that's against forum rules as it undermines the fairness of selection processes.
Ah I didnt see that specific forum rule sorry, but thankyou for the response :)