Late application

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Brio52

Late application

Post by Brio52 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Well, today I realised my worst nightmare...
Through some combination of mixing up dates and wanting to review my personal statement one last time, I've gone and missed the application deadline. Every bit of my form is ready for submission, all I needed to do was click submit but alas, I did not.

Obviously the website is very clear in that there are no late submissions, I've emailed and I'll call up tomorrow as well. Does anyone have any words of advice or knowledge on if there's any chance of leniancy? I'll take friendly commiserations as a runner-up prize if not, feeling very foolish right now. :oops:

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Cher92

Re: Late application

Post by Cher92 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:50 am

Oh no, you've just posted my worst nightmare.

The clearing house team are very friendly and quick to reply so hopefully you'll get your answer soon.I wouldn't hold out any hope for it being accepted though with the number of application they get each year they can be as strict as they like.

svr

Post by svr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Brio52, I'm afraid I have nothing helpful to say other than I totally empathise with you! This is completely the kind of thing I would do. I'll cross my fingers that the clearing house make an exception for you.

Brio52

Post by Brio52 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Just to confirm, no late applications are ever processed. Make sure to get those applications in on time because while 4 course rejections feels bad... This is not a pleasant feeling. Good luck to everyone applying, I'll be wishing you the best!

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Ahh I’m so sorry, how frustrating and disappointing

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Noooo. I was hoping for a happy ending.

Amina

Post by Amina » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Oooh no, I really feel for you. I have to admit that I VERY nearly did the same thing as I for some reason thought the last date for applications was the following day....I am sure other people must have done this.... nothing useful I can say, but do really feel for you!