Career advise

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
Albina

Career advise

Post by Albina » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 am

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for adding me in!

I'm wondering if you could help with some career advise. I moved to the UK a year ago. My educational background is in Psychology (I'm a graduate member of BPS). Currently I'm in psychotherapy training on part time basis in Moscow. I know this certification will not be accredited in the UK (I might try APCL accreditation though). I would like to continue my training in the UK in psychoanalytic psychotherapy starting maybe in 2020.

Currently I'm full time employed as administrator in Mental Health charity and working as bereavement volunteer in Cruse. I would really like to start with some clinical experience, but not sure if I can get roles with NHS as PWP or AP as they are very competitive. As I understand the AP role is mainly for those who wants to get onto a CP doctorate, please correct me if I'm wrong? I don't really want a doctorate, my career goal is to become a psychotherapist.

Could you please advise what could be my first steps to get a clinical job with my qualification and experience? Will I have a chance to get a PWP trainee role at all?

Thanks in advance! :) sorry for a long message

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf