AP interviews in Neurological Care and Older adult's MH team

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
deenaljc

AP interviews in Neurological Care and Older adult's MH team

Post by deenaljc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have two AP interviews coming up:

1) Neurological care and rehabilitation for people with progressive/acquired neurological conditions

2) Older adult's MH team

My experience:

- 8 months working for an adult community LD team as an honorary AP
- 5 months experience working in a LD low-secure hospital as a paid AP

I have started preparing for the neuropsych interview in terms of researching the company and neurological disorders (particularly acquired brain injury (ABI) and dementia) and their effects on cognition, behaviour, emotions, psychological recovery after an ABI (cognitive rehabiliation, CBT, behavioural modification) and basic neuro-anatomy. I've had a brief look at examples of assessments.

Any idea of what else I should be thinking about?

I haven't started preparing for the OA MH interview, but has anyone got any advice on preparations/research etc? Is there something I should particularly be aware of when working with OA?

Many thanks! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: AP interviews in Neurological Care and Older adult's MH team

Post by Geishawife » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

You might want to think about the issue of capacity, how it assessed and the implications if people seem to lack capacity. The Mental Capacity Act would be a good starting point.

deenaljc

Re: AP interviews in Neurological Care and Older adult's MH team

Post by deenaljc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Thank you for your reply!

I’m aware of MCA and DOLS. I’m more concerned about scenario questions. I think my communication skills are sound as I’ve worked in LD so I assume these are transferrable to patients with neurological conditions.

I’m also wondering about working with older adults... and in particular dementia/pseudo dementia.