UCL PWP. Was anyone successful on their second try.

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
mrswottinger

UCL PWP. Was anyone successful on their second try.

Post by mrswottinger » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 pm

I've just found out I wasn't successful at interview. This was my first attempt and was surprised to get through to the interview stage. Sadly I didn't impress the panel- my answers weren't detailed enough and I didn't express my knowledge of IAPT through my answers. The questions were a bit unexpected, not the usual kind. I did prepare loads but focussed on my experience rather than my knowledge of IAPT.

So I'm going to try again next cohort round. Was anyone successful second time around?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
joan2610

Re: UCL PWP. Was anyone successful on their second try.

Post by joan2610 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 pm

I’m so so sorry to hear that. It absolutely doesn’t mean this isnt the right path for you. The fact you’re determined to try again shows it definitely is. By the sounds of it, all interviews can be quite different! My questions were personally quite scenario based and I think I only had one IAPT specific question. I most definitely had to do a LOT of thinking on my toes, so there will always be an element of thinking on your feet I think!

Well done on getting an interview. That in itself is a massive achievement. My Mum said to me you learn a lot more from your failures than your successes anyway! Xxxx

mrswottinger

Re: UCL PWP. Was anyone successful on their second try.

Post by mrswottinger » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm

This is what confused me. My questions were scenario based too but the feedback they gave me is I didn't give them indication that I knew enough about IAPT.

Oh well, I will make sure I am sufficiently genned up on IAPT the next time and just throw some of that in now and again.