Trent Selection Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
MRyan1

Trent Selection Test

Post by MRyan1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I received an invitation yesterday to sit the Trent selection test on the 29th February. Although I am excited I'm quite nervous due to the ambiguity of the information provided. Other universities (such as Salomans/UEL) have given some detail about what is to be expected from their selection tasks, whereas Trent have simply stated that it is a written task.

Does anybody have any further information about the format/areas being tested?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Jadiebeks

Re: Trent Selection Test

Post by Jadiebeks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi MRyan,

I sat the Trent test last year, and have been invited again this year. Well done to you for getting on the test.
Last year (and I believe it has been similar for the last few years) it was research methods focused. Theres a few (6 or 8 i think?) multiple choice questions, one short answer question, and one critique of a research paper. I didn't find it too scary, but I struggled to complete it in the time given. I managed to get an interview despite not fully finishing as well as I'd have liked to, though I really had to brush up on my research methods beforehand!

Hope that helps.