PWP career options and working abroad

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
kbarys

PWP career options and working abroad

Post by kbarys » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for the PWP trainee role in October and I just wanted to ask about the career options with this role. Ideally I would like to be able to work remotely/ from home that's sort of the end goal for me. I just wanted your opinion whether you think this is possible in the next couple of years or am I dreaming here? I see that it has become more common that qualified PWP's once gained some experience go into coaching, I'm not sure this is something I see myself doing but its an option I would maybe consider.

My second question is relating to working abroad, I'd love to go to Australia at one point and wanted to find out what possible job roles would I be looking for over there when a qualified PWP here in the UK? I did some research and it seems that they have a similar IAPT service which is called NewAccess, I was wondering if any of you worked in Australia or know more about this?.

Thank you in advance!
Hope you are all staying safe :)

Kbarys

Northernlad

Re: PWP career options and working abroad

Post by Northernlad » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi Kbarys

While I can't help you with your working abroad question, I can tell you that there are definitely some opportunities out there for PWPs to work remotely; particularly at the moment during COVID. It might be worth contacted agencies such as Sugarman MIND and Pulse as they sometimes offer short-term home-working contracts. There are also digital therapy services such as ICS Digital Therapies and Healios - but I think they take on qualified CBT/HI Therapists and Psychologists rather than PWPs. If you like working in talking therapies and using CBT - High Intensity training if often a natural progression from the PWP role. I know that Ieso Digital Health take on PWPs for remote (text-based) therapy so this could be an option for you.

Good luck with your application :)

NL

kbarys

Re: PWP career options and working abroad

Post by kbarys » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Northernland, I'll look into the agencies you suggested!

Kbarys