The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
Sheep21
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by Sheep21 »

Sheep21 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:50 pm
Sheep21 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 pm
Sheep21 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:40 pm

Coventry and Warwick
Hertfordshire
Liverpool
Newcastle
Queens
UL
NUIG
UCC
UCD
Think the brown colour symbolises that poo feeling :lol: :(
Advertisement
Any Psychologists out there want to come and join us? We have an opportunity for an additional clinical/practitioner psychologist to join our highly skilled, tight knit, diverse clinical team https://www.amplify-yp.com/work-with-us
BrieflyGorgeous
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BrieflyGorgeous »

rogers wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:36 pm Hello has anyone heard from UL yet? :)
No but had an email from NUIG today as part of the joint application process (I'm assuming the outcome also applies to both). Not sure what happens if you only applied to UL though but imagine you will hear soon. Good luck!
natmahony
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 am

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by natmahony »

Trinity College Dublin
UL
NUIG

UCC --> I have requested to be removed, as I was number 22 on the list.
UCD


As someone who is already qualified overseas, this has been a very frustrating process. Perhaps hubris undid me, but I had hoped for a slightly better outcome! Well done to everyone else who has received places this year, and best of luck to everyone else who may apply again in the future. :)
Daisy10
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by Daisy10 »

2020
Lancaster
Manchester
Cardiff
KCL


2021
Manchester
Liverpool
Leicester
Staffordshire


2022
Manchester
Liverpool
Lancaster --> Withdrew from interview
Leeds

Feeling so lucky and overwhelmed this year :shock:
Good luck to everyone who still has interviews or are waiting on the reserves!
BrieflyGorgeous
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BrieflyGorgeous »

BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm Second year applying, first time posting!

2021
Edinburgh - unsuccessful interview
Glasgow - unsuccessful interview
UEL - unsuccessful after test stage
CCCU - unsuccessful after test stage

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Decided to post as I've seen a lot of talk about poor school grades and I wanted to show you can still get interviews! To this day I don't know how many 'points' I got at seconday school (irish leaving cert) as it wasn't worth me adding them up. I had no idea I could achieve academically.

Psychology is a second career for me, completing my undergrad as a mature student I achieved a 1st and even published my dissertation. I may not be naturally academically gifted but I've worked my ass off and here we are! I am so grateful for these opportunities but also overwhelmed and feeling like the pressure is on now :shock:

Good luck to everyone who got interviews and to those who didn't keep your heads up! There is no reason you can't come back and smash it next year (if that's what you choose to do)! I will probably be here again myself. In the meantime, let's all practice what we preach and look after ourselves :salut:

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Can't believe it!

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG
BecMac
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 am

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BecMac »

Have you heard back from UL? I only received an email from NUIG?
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm Second year applying, first time posting!

2021
Edinburgh - unsuccessful interview
Glasgow - unsuccessful interview
UEL - unsuccessful after test stage
CCCU - unsuccessful after test stage

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Decided to post as I've seen a lot of talk about poor school grades and I wanted to show you can still get interviews! To this day I don't know how many 'points' I got at seconday school (irish leaving cert) as it wasn't worth me adding them up. I had no idea I could achieve academically.

Psychology is a second career for me, completing my undergrad as a mature student I achieved a 1st and even published my dissertation. I may not be naturally academically gifted but I've worked my ass off and here we are! I am so grateful for these opportunities but also overwhelmed and feeling like the pressure is on now :shock:

Good luck to everyone who got interviews and to those who didn't keep your heads up! There is no reason you can't come back and smash it next year (if that's what you choose to do)! I will probably be here again myself. In the meantime, let's all practice what we preach and look after ourselves :salut:

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Can't believe it!

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG
BrieflyGorgeous
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BrieflyGorgeous »

BecMac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:56 pm Have you heard back from UL? I only received an email from NUIG?
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm


2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Can't believe it!

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG
No I haven't but am assuming as it's a joint process. I did email to ask but no response yet. I know if you call Alma she will tell you over the phone but I haven't done this yet!
BecMac
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 am

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BecMac »

BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:05 pm
BecMac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:56 pm Have you heard back from UL? I only received an email from NUIG?
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm


2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG
No I haven't but am assuming as it's a joint process. I did email to ask but no response yet. I know if you call Alma she will tell you over the phone but I haven't done this yet!
Thanks so much for letting me know. I emailed and I'm on the reserve list for both, they haven't told me where though! I might give Alma a call to see if she'll tell me my place!
sahill3
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by sahill3 »

sahill3 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:00 am
sahill3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:26 pm Hello all,

Second time applying, none of my courses had shortlisting tests this year; good luck everyone!

2020

Surrey
Staffordshire
Lancaster
Essex


2022

Birmingham
Liverpool

UEA
Newcastle
Can't believe it!!
Is anyone else struggling with the three week wait to hear back from Newcastle?! :(
psychobabble95
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:44 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by psychobabble95 »

sahill3 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:43 pm
sahill3 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:00 am
sahill3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:26 pm Hello all,

Second time applying, none of my courses had shortlisting tests this year; good luck everyone!

2020

Surrey
Staffordshire
Lancaster
Essex


2022

Birmingham
Liverpool

UEA
Newcastle
Can't believe it!!
Is anyone else struggling with the three week wait to hear back from Newcastle?! :(
I didn’t apply to Newcastle but interviewed at Surrey. They were aiming to share results after three weeks but said yesterday they will need a fourth week. I previously felt quite chilled about the whole thing but this wait has been really tough! I was hoping to have feedback from Surrey around what to improve for other interviews too. Are you doing anything nice to keep yourself distracted?
JazzXOXO
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by JazzXOXO »

I also interviewed at Surrey. How did you find out they needed one more week? Did you contact them? I haven’t heard anything from them since I did my interview.
sahill3
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by sahill3 »

psychobabble95 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:56 pm
sahill3 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:43 pm
sahill3 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:00 am

Can't believe it!!
Is anyone else struggling with the three week wait to hear back from Newcastle?! :(
I didn’t apply to Newcastle but interviewed at Surrey. They were aiming to share results after three weeks but said yesterday they will need a fourth week. I previously felt quite chilled about the whole thing but this wait has been really tough! I was hoping to have feedback from Surrey around what to improve for other interviews too. Are you doing anything nice to keep yourself distracted?
That's such a long time! Also so difficult to expect results at a certain time only to be told you need to wait longer - this is an emotionally draining process! I was finishing up a Masters so that fortunately kept me quite busy; I found out yesterday that I'm on a reserve list for Newcastle, but quite far down. Either way I was trying to view this as a practice year, and now just doing work on protecting my self esteem :) best wishes for Surrey!

2020

Surrey
Staffordshire
Lancaster
Essex


2022

Birmingham
Liverpool
UEA

Newcastle
BrieflyGorgeous
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by BrieflyGorgeous »

BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm
BrieflyGorgeous wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm Second year applying, first time posting!

2021
Edinburgh - unsuccessful interview
Glasgow - unsuccessful interview
UEL - unsuccessful after test stage
CCCU - unsuccessful after test stage

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Decided to post as I've seen a lot of talk about poor school grades and I wanted to show you can still get interviews! To this day I don't know how many 'points' I got at seconday school (irish leaving cert) as it wasn't worth me adding them up. I had no idea I could achieve academically.

Psychology is a second career for me, completing my undergrad as a mature student I achieved a 1st and even published my dissertation. I may not be naturally academically gifted but I've worked my ass off and here we are! I am so grateful for these opportunities but also overwhelmed and feeling like the pressure is on now :shock:

Good luck to everyone who got interviews and to those who didn't keep your heads up! There is no reason you can't come back and smash it next year (if that's what you choose to do)! I will probably be here again myself. In the meantime, let's all practice what we preach and look after ourselves :salut:

2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Leeds
UCC
UL
NUIG


Can't believe it!
2022
Edinburgh
Glasgow

Leeds
UCC
Newcastle

UL
NUIG


I'm in shock and feeling so incredibly blessed to be in this position! I can't find a suitable emoji (prob as I don't know what I feel right now!) but I like batman so... :batman:
LalliRed
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 am

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by LalliRed »

JazzXOXO wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 am I also interviewed at Surrey. How did you find out they needed one more week? Did you contact them? I haven’t heard anything from them since I did my interview.
They put a post up on their Twitter page about it. They said they’re aiming to let everyone know by 6th May.
JazzXOXO
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Re: The great big clinical psychology doctoral application progress thread 2022

Post by JazzXOXO »

LalliRed wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:11 am
JazzXOXO wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 am I also interviewed at Surrey. How did you find out they needed one more week? Did you contact them? I haven’t heard anything from them since I did my interview.
They put a post up on their Twitter page about it. They said they’re aiming to let everyone know by 6th May.
Ahh, thank you!
Post Reply