Edpsy forum and discussion

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:02 pm

A useful website and forum for anyone considering a career in educational psychology can be found at

http://www.edpsy.co.uk

(Mods: any chance of making this a sticky? :) )
I made it a wiki instead :) Miriam

Wiki, sticky.......... let's call the whole thing off!! :wink: :lol: :lol: (oh how I amuse myself)

(Thanks Miriam :) )
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

Tally

Post by Tally » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:39 pm

Can I just say that the edpsych website is really useful for all those wanting to or thinking about clinical psychology.

Just wanted to air that! :lol:
Tally

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Tally wrote:Can I just say that the edpsych website is really useful for all those wanting to or thinking about clinical psychology.
And it's even more useful for all those thinking about educational psychology :P :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol:

escapee

Post by escapee » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi Choirgirl,

I've split this thread from the wiki and put it in the general area, so that the discussion can continue.

I can't copy threads or posts so I put your first two posts together, so that it still made sense in the forum. You may want to edit it now?!

E

Tally

Post by Tally » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 pm

oooppsss....I meant educational! :oops:

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 am

Just a heads-up, in case anyone is interested in investigating educational psychology doctorate training, that the EdPsy web forum (as mentioned above) is no longer operational, following the moderator's decision to withdraw from involvement with the website due to career changes.

If anyone would like to ask any questions specific to EP, please do so via PM to me or this thread only, to avoid diluting the CP focus of ClinPsy :)

FYI, the University of Nottingham's open day ahead of the application season for 2009 entry takes place on Sat. 18th Oct. - a link to details on the Uni.Nottm. website can be found here.

If I find any other EP open days I will post details on this thread. More information about the EP doctorate training application process can be found at http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/educational-psychology. :)

diggiepaws

Post by diggiepaws » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

It's a shame about the EP forum.

There are open days for Sheffield on Sat 11th Oct (10.30 onwards) and an evening at Manchester on Tue 14th Oct (6.45 onwards). You need to book a place to go to the Sheffield one (see the website), but can just turn up to the Manchester one.

Mod: edited to include links :D

diggiepaws

Post by diggiepaws » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:46 am

Have just found out that someone has set up a new edpsych forum at the link below (obviously in the very early stages at the moment)

http://edpsy.forumdes.com/index.php

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks diggiepaws - I'll keep an eye on it and alter our link at the top of the thread if it looks like being a permanent web presence.

(I'll also mention it to my cohort, some of whom used the old forum :wink: )

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Just found more info about EdPsy open evenings. Sorry but Birmingham's is apparently this evening as I write (only just heard about it), although they are running another one in July. Bristol's is coming up soon, on 5th November.

Bristol open evening

Birmingham open evening (July 09)

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Information about Institute of Education's Open Evening (next week) for their EP Doctorate training course can be found here.

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Just a quick post to say Good Luck to anyone on here who is also involved in an EdPsych application - as the offers are out today :) Best wishes to anyone with offers of places or reserve offers over in EP! :thumleft:

damnsaiyan

Post by damnsaiyan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Aw, that sucks. The second forum doesn't work either!

Beef

New EdPsy forum

Post by Beef » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Anyone know if the organiser of the previous edpsy.forumdes forum is going to create a new one now that the old one has been destroyed?

lindabrown

Post by lindabrown » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Don't mind this, please.