The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
psych_lad

Post by psych_lad » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am

Being a low intensity worker in a IAPt serivce......rant over!!!!
Psych_lad

baa

Post by baa » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 pm

psych_lad wrote:Being a low intensity worker in a IAPt serivce......rant over!!!!
Heh, how's it going down there?

Rant 1:
Don't say that I can't go on training, and then email me the info about the training 10 minutes later. Fool.

Rant 2:
Don't blather on about telephones and letters when I ask you what "this will increase your capacity" means, are you talknig about my caselaod? HMM?

Dr.Dot

Post by Dr.Dot » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Email attachment tennis with research supervisors. Method and result sections....just needing just a little bit more, please Dot!
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 pm

being told by a supervisor how the NHS is making cuts across psychology and how things are looking bleak - awesome, ill hurry my application then...

russ

Post by russ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Finding out, when letting your 4.30 patient out and wondering why your 5.30 patient can't get in, that the clinic has closed early because of medics away at a conference.

psych_lad

Post by psych_lad » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Another one for me:

An important person with ulterior motives making judgements about my previous experiences (assuming I have never had an assistant psychologist post before) and is only half supportive of me applying this year!
Psych_lad

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm

E-on wanting to charge me £896 to move my electricity meter 3 foot from its current location (a 20 minute job, requiring no parts, excavation or new cabling) and will only do it once our electrician has fitted a new meter box that we have to provide, and whilst he is on site to reconnect the house once they are done!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Whilst we are on the subect...

EON consistently billing me 100% more than my actual charges by inputting my meter readings the wrong way round!!! £800 for 3 months my a***!!!
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Phoned up my usual hairdresser, in the village I've recently moved away from, on a Tuesday to make an appointment for the following Saturday. Turned up 10 mins late, apologetic & flustered, due to having to take a huge diversion round the countryside lanes thanks to a road accident, and slightly wondering why the hairdresser has a new sign outside - hmm, must have re-branded.
Discovered that the hairdresser I'm in is actually a different business, and my original hairdresser has moved from the premises to one in the next town... 5 WEEKS ago. Which they never bothered to point out when I phoned to make the appointment.... And I now have to pay for parking. And am now even later. :x

On the plus side - they did knock 20% off the price for messing me around :)
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 am

Today I was privileged to sit in on a new case referrals multi-disciplinary meeting at a Child Development Centre, and hear one small child described thus in a medical professional's report:

"I was not able to complete a full assessment of [child], however by looking at him he does not appear to need special school provision"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

whitian

Post by whitian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 am

choirgirl wrote:Today I was privileged to sit in on a new case referrals multi-disciplinary meeting at a Child Development Centre, and hear one small child described thus in a medical professional's report:

"I was not able to complete a full assessment of [child], however by looking at him he does not appear to need special school provision"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: This deserves an award for best rant so far

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:42 am

im stuck inside waiting between 8am and 6pm for a fridge to be delivered and i dont even have any awesome junk food to help me pass the time

i have soup

soup suuuuuccckkkksss :(

Holly_09

Post by Holly_09 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:23 pm

1) My boss taking credit for MY work, after telling me that it wasn't a good idea and wouldn't work etc.

2)Having second (and third and fourth etc) thoughts about whether I actually want to work in mental health/Psychology any more. And then having a panic because I really don't know what else I want to do...

3) Trying to find another job.

Gahhhhh :(

baa

Post by baa » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm

oooh, I hear you on the first one Holly. And for the second - my plan B is a personal shopper 8)

My Rant:

Telephones. I don't want to use a f-ing telephone. You try drawing out a panic cycle on the bloody telephone. EH? And when they're referred for depression but it turns out they have a social phobia, you try ramming the new booklet down the phone line. AND. Half the people I call aren't in, or have half the family listening or are driving. I'll tell you a way to reduce waiting times - don't sneakily cut staff.

KT22

Post by KT22 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:46 am

schizometric wrote: VIRGIN MEDIA.

Gah.
Definatley feel your pain with Virgin Media

They seem to be majorly incompetent both locally and nationally! Why should I pay 50p a minute to call them up when the engineers have broken my phone line yet again by installing services next door, wrongly, thus cutting off my phone line AGAIN!!

Not really sure if that makes sense but made me feel a bit better!