The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Added to the stress of my job and filling out the clinical application, I have recently split with my boyfriend of 6 years. So I now have to add on emotional stress and moving house on to my to-do list.

It never rains.......... :roll:

pinkcat

Post by pinkcat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Really sorry to hear that Ashleigh. Let your supervisor know if you feel comfortable so as to hopefully take some pressure off at work. Good luck, I know it's hard.. x

Tiggerman

!

Post by Tiggerman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm

not being paid for over 2 months in current job, not getting interviews and psychologists not ringing back when threy say they will! :evil:

baa

Post by baa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:55 pm

cough

cough cough

coughcoughcoughcoughcough. I think I've lost a lung :evil:

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:44 pm

I can empathise with that one Baa. I've got the lurgi myself, and I also have my two mini-mims with lurgi coughing in stereo, so no-one is getting much sleep :(
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:53 am

Me too...and Mr Ruthie. We've been coughing for a week! The worst is the resulting sleep deprivation!

And to add to our lack of sleep, our burglar alarm short circuited or something and went off at 4.30am on Friday morning! It then took us 45 minutes to turn the thing off! :evil:

Ruthie

Loula

Post by Loula » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Ruthie wrote:And to add to our lack of sleep, our burglar alarm short circuited or something and went off at 4.30am on Friday morning! It then took us 45 minutes to turn the thing off! :evil:

Ruthie
Your neighbours must have loved you...

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:30 pm

£515 for a blasted MOT and service on a four year old car.............
Last edited by BlueCat on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baa

Post by baa » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:36 pm

DHL - please just leave the parcel behind the fence. It's not rocket science, I'm obviously not in and it's just moisturiser.

jane doe

Post by jane doe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Home Delivery Network - don't leave my 'flipping' internet media streamer outside in the 'flipping'** rain and put a card through saying 'in front of car' - it's gonna get nicked or wet, idiot.

** apparently ** are 'unprofessional'

and yes, I am a loser - to continue my rant - my partner has just lost his job and I'm woefully behind on my thesis.. officially, a loser...
Last edited by jane doe on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Ben

Post by Mr Ben » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 pm

I love how people think that putting "**" in place of letters in swear words, stops it from being offensive!! :lol: L**ers! :wink:

I'm not feeling at all cathartic, today...! :D

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I have shamed myself! Unprofessional behaviour from me as moderator by swearing with stars. Mr Ben - you are right, it is still offensive, as it is still recognisable as swearing and whilst I might swear in real life (actually I swear very little, honestly), in this forum, I am recognisable as a clinical psychologist, even if my "true" identity isn't obvious, and as such I should conduct myself with a little more decorum - engage frontal lobes!

Also, I have actually contravened forum guidance,specifically

7.) PLEASE DON'T SHOUT. SOME PEOPLE FIND IT ANNOYING AND HARD TO READ. It is generally better to write in normal written form than abbreviated txt terminology, and to avoid strings of punctuation, unusual fonts and multiple colours. Swearing should be avoided, even where letters are omitted or replaced with asterisks. Please don't post just to "bump" a thread to the top, without making a relevant comment.

Therefore I have edited my post. Thanks and sorry for the lapse!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 pm

jane doe wrote:Home Delivery Network - don't leave my 'flipping' internet media streamer outside in the 'flipping'** rain and put a card through saying 'in front of car' - it's gonna get nicked or wet, idiot.

** apparently ** are 'unprofessional'

and yes, I am a loser - to continue my rant - my partner has just lost his job and I'm woefully behind on my thesis.. officially, a loser...
If that is an Amazon delivery, and it isn't harmed, then email them suggesting a 20% refund for the poor condition - we've had quite a lot of cash back for the same thing (if I add up 3 items from the past 5 years, as they left a £400 projector bulb out in the rain, a digital camera in a wheelie bin with an inch of water in it, and when they delivered DJ Hero and left it leaning against the front of the house in the rain).

And I hope your partner finds new and better employment ASAP, and life seems less stressful. Someone sent me a link to rules of thumb for writing your thesis and one of them was "it always takes four times as long as your first estimate, and twice as long as your most recent estimate". I know my recent court report, the first since I had babies, took aaaages longer than I expected!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

jane doe

Post by jane doe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 am

I'd say that the babies would be a happy distraction! Doesn't look like I'll ever get the opportunity :cry:

Lisa Lou

Post by Lisa Lou » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:47 am

Job where what I do actually impacts on people's lives, massive workload of responsibilities with impossible and conflicting deadlines (day to day stuff, updating risk assessments, updating living skills assessments, updating needs assessments, updating support plans, extra areas of responsibility, preparing for an inspection, preparing for an internal audit) and yet I have had supervision once in 4 months. So stressed a couple of weeks ago I was gagging on the train home...
~ The most important things are the hardest things to say ~